Tuesday 24 October 2017

Eco dye

So now I have soaked the pale pristine pink piece of quilted fabric in soy milk and wrapped it up in a tight bundle with coreopsis flowers from my allotment and the petals from a rose that I picked up on the ground in Woolies car park. I have now boiled/ steamed it on the stove top with some onion skins and left to cool overnight. Now I will leave it outside in the sun for a few days. I don’t think. I could be patient enough to wait longer but I’ll try. Maybe I could try and forget about it then in several weeks have a lovely unwrapping surprise!


While I was outside doing this I had a doily that I’d also soaked in the soy milk. I am experimenting so laid it in a cardboard box sprinkled it with the fallen Jacaranda petals from my tree in the front yard. Then  took very rusty nails from my rusty nail jar and laid them in a pattern resembling three wee people , like stick people, covered with plastic and weighted down. I will also leave this in the sun for a few days and see what happens.

1 comment: