Wednesday 31 January 2018

Final piece

I have finally finished the online course I have been working on. It was with Sue Stone and explored pattern and texture. This piece has appliqué and stitch. Sitting on the fabric book I made to put all my  samples into and be able to go back and use ideas for future work.

The vintage buckle and braid I used for the clasp were waiting to be used in something .The yellow linen was a de stash from Ali George at Aliquilts.I did not purchase any fabric or notions to work on the book or the samples. This is what I am trying to do this year , to use the beautiful fabrics, linens and laces I have been collecting and not using because something better might need that piece or once it’s used I won’t have it anymore. But if I don’t use it then it will sit in a cupboard for another lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment